- Chick-fil-A Spirit Night is tomorrow Wednesday, October 12th between 5-8PM. ***New this year: You must say “Rocky Run Elementary School” in order for us to get credit on your order.
- Permission forms for participation in the Majest Taekwondo After-School Class are due by Wednesday, October 12th
- Spirit Grams are currently being sold for .60 a stick all this week and the last day to order is next Wednesday, October 19th, they will be delivered on October 21st.
- Monster Mash 2016 is just around the corner! Scheduled for Saturday, October 22nd, this event is sure to entertain. Please note: due to recent events, it is requested that there be no clown costumes and no face masks. If you would like to participate in any way, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We are in search of a Monster Mash chairperson as well as volunteers! Sign-ups are being done using the Sign-Up Genius system and can be accessed using these links: Monster Mash Donations Sign-Up and Monster Mash Volunteer Sign-up
- Our first Sonic Spirit Night of the year coming up on Tuesday, October 4th between 5-8PM. The owner assured us his staff is ready for us this time. Last year they weren’t aware of how much our Bulldogs love their Sonic!!!
- Stafford County Public Schools Gifted & Accelerated Programs Fall Parent Workshop is Tuesday, October 4th at Margaret Brent Elementary School from 6-7:30PM. More information available on their website: http://www.staffordschools.net/Domain/3118
- The Grades 3 – 5 Back-to-School Night has been rescheduled for Wednesday, October 5, 2016 from 6:00 – 7:30 PM. The Book fair will remain open until 8:00 PM that evening.
- October PTO Meeting is Thursday, October 6th starting at 7:00 in the RRES library!
Back-To-School Night is scheduled for tomorrow night and Thursday night and the Fall Book Fair will be open both nights so that parents can shop with their children!
- Wednesday, September 28th is back-to-school night for Kindergarten through 2nd Grade
- Thursday, September 29th is back-to-school night for 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades
The library would love some volunteers to help both nights. If you want to help, please make sure to plan accordingly around the times that you will be there to visit your children’s classrooms. Interested individuals may sign up using this link: Book Fair Sign-Up
Mountain Kim Ninja Night!
Parents, enjoy a night out and support your local Elementary School.
Perfect opportunity for parents to get a night out and relax after a full week back to school.
For Kids ages 5-12. No Tae Kwon Do experience needed!
- Positive and fun Tae Kwon Do experience for everyone
- Pizza dinner, arts & crafts, movie
- Constructive fitness focused games and exercise
- Anti Bullying awareness and education
- And more!
Mt. Kim Martial Arts has made a commitment this year to support their local community. We are honored to be one of the communities they are supporting!
1st Child 25.00 and each additional sibling 15.00
100% OF PROCEEDS FROM THIS EVENT GO TO SUPPORT ROCKY RUN ELEMENTARY PTO!!
Space available for only 50 children! Make your reservation today!
Waiver must be signed before you can drop off your children
Click on link to sign up
The first day of the 2016-2017 school year has come and gone. Although there were bus schedule mix-ups, the kids got to their classes and met new friends. It’s going to be a great year, and we look forward to experiencing it with you all!
Don’t forget, this Thursday night at 7:00 we will have the first PTO meeting of the year. We hope to see you there!
Can you believe it? Summer is almost over! I hear some of you cheering and some of you crying! Either way, we are headed for a new school year and it is coming up quickly!
Open House night at Rocky Run will be next Thursday, Sept 1 from 6pm-8pm. Be sure to attend!! This is a fantastic opportunity to meet your teachers, set up lunch accounts, visit organizations like Boy Scouts, pick up school supply packs, purchase Spirit Wear, etc.
We will also have sign ups open for the Pride Rock and Mt. Kim Martial Arts Ninja Night!! PTO can accept checks, cash, or debit/credit cards.
Would you be willing to come help us out that night? Go to the attached sign up genius to let us know. If you come to volunteer just come find us in the cafeteria and we will let you know which table you can help us tend to. We will be the ones in the crazy green shirts! 😉
Can’t wait to see everyone!!