We hope your families have enjoyed the last few beautiful weekends and that this week got off to a great start. Thank you to all of the parents, teachers, and administrators who were able to make it to our April PTO meeting last week. As noted during the meeting, all PTO Board Positions are open for next year. So, if you or someone you know has expressed interest, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring is a VERY busy time at Rocky Run and for our Bulldog Families. Below, you will find information that will help you stay up to date on some events happening at school over the next few weeks. We hope to see you all soon:
- The Rocky Run 2016-2017 Yearbook is on sale online until April 20th! Please order yours now so that on April 21st you are not disappointed. Yearbooks are $15.00 each. We will NOT be accepting cash for yearbooks this year. We can only accept checks payable to Rocky Run PTO with “Yearbook” in the memo field…OR via credit card online at lifetouch.com School Code: 5662717.
- If you have pictures you think would like to be considered for the year book, please visit: lifetouch.comand use the code: DRLPYJ (Monster mash, BINGO, Fieldtrips, etc).
- The Spring Dance has been cancelled.
- Spring spirit gram orders are DUE TOMORROW, Wednesday, April 12th and will be delivered to children on Thursday, April 13th. SPRING SPIRIT GRAMS and Spring Spirit Gram Order Form are available through the links in this sentence.
- Wednesday, April 12this RRES Spirit Night at Chick-Fil-A from 5-8PM. *Don’t forget to say RRES*
- Field Day has been scheduled for Friday, May 5th. Please note the following from Mrs. Macrae:
- Volunteers needed for areas of K-1/ 2-3/ or 4/5. They can only pick one area due to the variations in lunch schedules, etc.
- Sign up on the Rocky Run web site OR using this link.
- We will contact those who have signed up with their station and directions as we get nearer to actual field day. We will set up the station.
- Parents need to report to the activity room by 9:30 the day of field day.
- Students need to dress comfortably for a day of outside activities. Wear sunscreen, and a hat or sunglasses are optional. They should bring a water bottle that they can refill if possible.
- We are hosting a direct sale vendor fair on Saturday, May 20th from 11am-4pm. We are looking for interested direct sale vendors! Spaces are limited- first come, first served! Please contact Miss Short (email@example.com) if interested
- As a service to our RRES families, the PTO is sponsoring the pre-order of your child’s school supplies for next year. School supply kits are sold at cost and delivered to the school for pick up at Open House on August 31st. This is NOT a fundraiser. Send your paper order into school with payment made out to Rocky Run PTO by June 9th, or order online until June 30th at educationalproducts.com/shoppacks. School ID: RUN000 (3 letters/3 numbers).”
- GREAT NEWS: The school store will be open every Friday morning…and it will be mobile. Be on the lookout from a classroom near you. Remember, nothing in the store is more than a dollar. Please do not send children with bills larger than a $5. Thanks in Advance!
- This is the final year for Labels for Education, please send in any you may be collecting so that they can be used by the school.
- A few Bulldog Pride Rock Rentals are still available! You can rent the rock for $20 a week in celebration of birthdays, holidays, or a personal achievement! (Important Note: When you rent the rock for the week, you are paying for your ability to paint the rock NOT for the rock to be painted for you). For more information and to reserve your week, contact Becca Craven at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remember to continue to send in Box Tops for Education…it’s better to have them counted for next year than to expire in your kitchen drawer.
- Giant A+ Rewards are in full effect. Remember, this year, you do not need to re-register your card if your school selections remains the same.